EMG’s services in energy sector transaction advisory and investment planning include due diligence, project structuring, financial modelling, business planning, stakeholder and consortium support, competitive bid strategy and advisory (throughout the full cycle from project inception to closing), takeover and management transition. Our services are highly flexible and lean as we work with our clients to find the right solutions to project development, acquisition, and bidding.
Our holistic approach to investor support encompasses the company or consortium’s internal structuring and negotiations, strategic partnerships, as well as the more standard, complete due diligence, business planning, and bid preparation work. Once prequalified for bidding, our approach focuses on the identification of risks, finding the proper mitigation mechanisms, allocation among the parties, and ensuring the bankability of the offer – which includes not only the project structuring inside and out, but also a deep and critical analysis of the seller’s terms and conditions as expressed in the transaction document package. Having this comprehensive grasp on the project and all of dimensions makes us ready for negotiating robust agreements for the long term profitability of the project, and a sufficient return to the investor.
For example, we provide the following transaction advisory services to our investor clients for power asset acquisition through competitive bid.
Consortium Building & Prequalification
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Partner Search, Recruitment, and MOU
- Consortium Building & Stakeholder Support
- Preparation of Expression of Interest
Complete DD, Business Plan, and Competitive Bid
- Complete Due Diligence – Legal, Technical, Environmental, O&M, Financial, Regulatory
- Commercial and Risk Assessment
- Financial Modeling
- Business Plan
- Competitive Bid Preparation
- Analysis of Transaction Document Package and Mark-Ups
- O&M Agreement
- Technical & Financial Proposal
- Responses to Clarifications
- PPA / Concession Agreement (Final)
- O&M Agreement (Final)
- Additional Concession-Related Agreements (Sale-Purchase Agreement (SPA), Shareholder Agreement (SHA), Connection, PPA, etc.) (Final)
- Presentations to Financing Partners
We also provide takeover and management transition support to the investment in the form of human resource assessment and executive recruitment, systems and processes development (for administrative and technical functions, including procurement), and CAPEX projects implementation management, among other areas as requested by the new owner.