Energy Markets Group (EMG) – Washington D.C., USA, is an international consulting firm with a strong and diverse international background, conducting energy sector advisory in Latin America, Asia, Middle East and Africa for almost 20 years.
Since its founding in 2003, EMG has provided technical and commercial advisory in the electricity and gas sectors worldwide. We specialize in finding innovative practical solutions that combine the best economic theory, practices, and analytic methods with pragmatism and tailor-made solutions.
EMG has worked extensively for private and public sector utilities, project developers and financiers, regulators, US government entities (USAID, USTDA, and others), and development financing institutions (the World Bank, IFC, etc.). The company brings together a team with substantial experience in power (conventional and clean energy) and oil/gas sector development and support in emerging markets worldwide. We have a keen focus on technical and financial feasibility studies, project development, and finance for independent private power across Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our work focuses on the following key areas:
- Transaction and Competitive Bid Advisory for Energy Infrastructure
- Energy Projects Investment Advisory – Project Assessment, Due Diligence, and Feasibility Studies
- Utility Management and Information Systems
- Energy Market Design and Management
- Markets and Regulatory Reform
- Corporate and Institutional Restructuring
- Regional and Cross Border Energy Trading
- Policy and Planning for Low Carbon Development, Climate Change Mitigation
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management
- Transmission and Distribution Modernization
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Gender Mainstreaming for Energy Sector
- Professional Training and Capacity Building.
Our diverse experience, creativity, and integrated approach ensure that we fully account for our clients’ individual needs, understand the specific parameters of each energy development challenge, and appreciate the varied political and economic environments in which the project is to function. Our staff have a sound understanding of the challenges that may be encountered in the sustainable development of energy sectors in developing economies, which demand different approaches than those used in developed economies. We work hand-in-hand with our clients and host country partners to craft the most practical, cost effective long-term solutions for the energy business. EMG leadership ensures that its corporate strategy focuses on its core capabilities in emerging markets and developing nations.